Odin- a little man with a big name

Odin became a little man with a big name on July 26, 2006 at 11:01 PM. He currently resides with his Mommy, Daddy, dog, Honey, cat, Grasshopper, and fish tank of un-named fish in Santa Cruz, California where he enjoys long walks along the ocean, daily visits with Daddy to the greenhouse in the backyard, and being social with Mommy and his friends. Odin will be getting a sibling at the beginning of October and he's really excited!

Current Age: 2 years (25 mo.)

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

From a marketing perspective...

Hi!
Sooooo...I just FINALLY got on the bandwagon with the lady who sold the contraband Pokeman cards on Ebay. Here's the deal...she wrote a little ditty like the ones all us blog-keeping moms write every day but she did it on EBay with an item that is very popular and shows up in a lot of searches I guess, and her little ditty was appreciated SO much by the moms at large that she is now being interviewed by national radio shows and is going to write a book AND is working on using her fame to fund St. Jude's Hospital AND is even famous enough to have someone plagiarizing her ebay listing for evil intentions. She also was so powerful that EBay put her listing BACK UP even after the sale was completed so that we would all continue to read it and give EBay great advertising audiences! Another wierd thought...when all of us are considering the safety of having a blog where all of our personal info exists including photos, this mom is actually INVITING the publicity in a way that helps her become a successful breadwinner and a money-maker for a charity. All I have to say on this matter is that whomever is marketing to moms currently is going to make a KILLING if we moms are so in need of these real life mom-stories that make us feel that we are not alone that we have the power to make another mom INSTANTLY famous! BEHOLD the marketing power of MOMS! ESPECIALLY moms ON THE WEB! I need to think of some way to use this knowledge...but because I have mommy brain (i.e. braindead and exhausted) I cannot at this moment think of how to use this realization. If you have a product that is mom-friendly and need me to market it...I'm your gal ;) Otherwise, I think I'll just write a book and become famous when all you "millions" of readers out there buy it! Enough blabbing on this matter...it's just that this kind of thing facinates me! It's true that word of mouth advertising is the wave of the future! Think of all the free publicity that came from this one clever, unintentional happening! Anyways...if you want to read her story or her blog (you think it's tough having one kid, read her blog about having six and feel instantly better!) By the way...I just figured out how to check how many people read this blog...I looked back and it turns out I got 90 hits the day after I created it when I sent the link to my whole email list and now I get an average of 10 people reading a day, although that number got up to 65 with the video of Odin walking when I sent out an email to everyone. So...I really do have some marketing power after all :) Anyways, here's her info:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130144061675Eb
mom2my6pack.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home