Odin- a little man with a big name

Odin became a little man with a big name on July 26, 2006 at 11:01 PM. He currently resides with his Mommy, Daddy, dog, Honey, cat, Grasshopper, and fish tank of un-named fish in Santa Cruz, California where he enjoys long walks along the ocean, daily visits with Daddy to the greenhouse in the backyard, and being social with Mommy and his friends. Odin will be getting a sibling at the beginning of October and he's really excited!

Current Age: 2 years (25 mo.)

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Just a side note:

Here's a bit of wisdom for today...
You really know that you should have gotten rid of clothing items a LONG time ago when you put them out on the curb with a free sign and they get picked over by a ton of people and they still don't want those clothes even if they're free!

I've been watching out my window now since yesterday morning at the people perusing my free pile. They pull up in cars, they ride by on bikes, they walk over and check the stuff out. Many many items have been taken. Now, I look at the pile of stuff that is left and wonder what is wrong with my taste radar. I pondered about throwing that stuff out for months, thinking, it's not out of style, it just doesn't fit me right anymore and I need more room in my little closet. Well, needless to say, the clothes are SO bad that people won't take them even when they're free and the people are obviously desperate because the FREE sign stops them dead in their tracks and they pick through the pile with a fine tooth comb for hours while Honey (my dog) growls from the window. So, it really makes me wonder how I could be SO out of touch. I actually thought those items were worth keeping and if they had fit better, would have continued to wear them. Has motherhood changed me SO much that I can't even be objective anymore? The other thing I ponder...obviously the items taken first are the things I shouldn't have given away because they were still in style and got snatched right up. The problem with that is I can't put the stuff on the curb and then run out and snatch back the first ten items taken after they have been deemed still good by the public at large. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to cut myself some slack and focus on the fact that Odin is ALWAYS in style and looks smokin' cool at all moments. :)

P.S. Here's a bit of sociological fact for ya...the people that pull over and go through free clothes the most are men in their 20s-30s and the fact is, there are ONLY women's clothing in the pile because anything that Ryan owns is SO ruined by the time he lets it go that I couldn't even give it away free. It's a conundrum, the people most wanting free clothes are the least likely to find any :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home