Odin- a little man with a big name

Odin became a little man with a big name on July 26, 2006 at 11:01 PM. He currently resides with his Mommy, Daddy, dog, Honey, cat, Grasshopper, and fish tank of un-named fish in Santa Cruz, California where he enjoys long walks along the ocean, daily visits with Daddy to the greenhouse in the backyard, and being social with Mommy and his friends. Odin will be getting a sibling at the beginning of October and he's really excited!

Current Age: 2 years (25 mo.)

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Gone to the beach...

Hi all!
I had a cute video for you but I turned the camera like you would to take a picture and then later realized there's no way to "rotate" the video ;) So....I'll write down the cute thing Odin did...

This morning, in his diaper and nothing else, Odin brought me his shoes, asked me to pick him up onto the couch with me, and gestured his shoes towards his feet. Ok......I'll put your shoes on...? No idea why you want your shoes on with nothing else this early in the morning, but ok....

Then, he got up and walked off in his shoes and diaper. I decided to follow with the video camera to see what he was planning to do in his shoes...

Next thing I know, he heads to the door, pauses, points to it and speaks in jibber-jabber, and when I don't respond, he goes to the door, and bangs on it then looks back at me. When I don't respond, he goes over, reaches up, and tries to TURN THE KNOB!

Needless to say, I was SHOCKED! I didn't know that he knew what a doorknob was for, and I had no idea that he knew that he should put on his shoes before he went outside! I hardly even knew that he knew that outside was behind the closed door!!! It was crazy! He knows SO much more than he lets on!!!!

Anyways, we're off to Nantucket tomorrow morning and then onto Vermont/NH for Ryan's sister Rachel's wedding. We'll be back July 31st! Have a great rest of the month!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home