Odin- a little man with a big name

Odin became a little man with a big name on July 26, 2006 at 11:01 PM. He currently resides with his Mommy, Daddy, dog, Honey, cat, Grasshopper, and fish tank of un-named fish in Santa Cruz, California where he enjoys long walks along the ocean, daily visits with Daddy to the greenhouse in the backyard, and being social with Mommy and his friends. Odin will be getting a sibling at the beginning of October and he's really excited!

Current Age: 2 years (25 mo.)

Monday, February 05, 2007

Giggles

I have no photo for this post because, for once, I was enjoying myself so much, I forgot to grab the camera. I just needed to document this evening as the first time that I had so much fun with Odin that I entirely forgot myself and actually lost track of time.

It all began a few weeks ago when I realized that Odin would giggle if I did "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" by tickling him. It took about ten times and tickling him until he practically turned blue and then he would finally have a fit of giggles. Now, this might not seem like much to you, but giggles for Odin are few and far between. He usually does the old man, "heh, heh, heh." Like, "Yes, that was slightly entertaining, but not really all that funny."

After weeks of the Itsy routine, two nights ago, I hid behind the couch and popped out and Odin giggled! So, I did this as many times as I could, getting at least three sets of giggles before it wore out. Needless to say, I was hooked! Last night, I inadvertently realized that chasing Honey around the island in the kitchen while holding Odin got him squealing and giggling. Needless to say, I kept this up until we were both on the verge of spitting up.

Tonight, while Odin was in his jumper, I played hide & seek with him, and he actually jumped, squealed and giggled. His fit of giggles lasted longer than ever and we played and giggled and squealed for more than a half hour! I know this is the silliest oh so stay-at-home mom blog entry ever but I just wanted to share the pure joy in the simple things. Here's to many more giggles in the future!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home